Monday, March 15, 2010


This is how my sister's daughter spends most of her day. Making messes and taking her shirt off the hard way or just wearing it as a skirt. She also likes to take fake naps on the kitchen table covered with a dish towel. OR stand on the kitchen table and lift her shirt to put her warm belly on the cold glass just to shriek with laughter and a loud "BRRR". It makes us laugh and she is laughing and not running just to fall and hit her head on something hard, so I must not complain, right?! She is so much like me! I love to put my belly on the window too. Oh wait, not that, I mean I guess I do weird stuff too but I was watching her lift her shirt to put her belly on the glass just thinking how completely in love with her and (the other 2.5 kids) I truly am, and it hit me like a blast of winter air. I am doing exactly what I have always known and wanted to be as a child. I think this is why I could never settle on one specific occupation I knew I wanted to be when I grew up. You can't really go to school or major in motherhood until you are living it. Covered in boogers, prepared for the next fever armed with Tylenol, cleaning up the over spray from the missed potty breaks. I just hope and pray I am getting an A+ in this "class". I love my sister babie to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment